Global College International A-Level Program is organizing 4th Inter A-Level Speech Competition to mark the “International Women’s Day”, with the theme: An Equal World is an Enabled World: EachforEqual on March 8, 2020.
The theme of the speech is “Gender Equity: An Equal World is an Enabled World” This program aims at strengthening the symbiotic relationship among the A-Level Colleges through students’ participation in the event. The students will get an opportunity to research and present their views. Details regarding the rules of the competition are enclosed herewith for your convenience.
Rules for Speech Competition
The participants have to develop the form of the speech taking any (one) issue, (sub-theme) related to the theme: “Gender Equity: An Equal World is an Enabled World”.
- The speech will be judged by the Jury on the ground of presentation, creativity, and originality within the prescriptive rules.
- Each participant will be given five minutes in total for the speech.
- There will be a warning bell after 4 minutes.
- The Language used in the speech should be contextual and audience friendly, whereas Off-color jokes, slang expressions and “bathroom humor” shall contribute to the negative marking.
- Denouncement which indicates gender, cultural, or racial stereotypes are considered as offensive measures for the competition.
- Speakers, from the beginning, should consider their intended audience to be “the public”-a mixed age group, not simply an audience of peers.
- No props or printed matter can be carried by a speaker.
- Excessive violence and sex or religious extremism, if determined by the judges, will result in disqualification.
- Each school has to send only two participants.
- Each participant has to register the sub-theme (subject) they have prepared for speech on their arrival registration.
- The turn of the speech is decided by the lottery.
General Rules and Regulations
- Last date for submission of entries is March 1, 2020.
Confirmation of participation can be sent via E-mail.
- Participants must come in school uniform and with Identity-Card.
- The registration fee per student is Rs.1000.
- There will be a cash prize of Rs.10, 000 (Ten Thousand Only) and a shield along with the Gold Medal and certificates for the first position holder.
- Silver and Bronze medals along with cash prize Rs.5000 & Rs.3000 and certificates will be awarded to the 2nd and the 3rd position holders respectively.
- The competition will take place in Global College International, Mid- Baneshwor.
- Reporting time is sharp at 10:00 a.m.
- Every participant will get a certificate of participation.
- Each entry must have detailed information of the candidate as well as the college.
- The decision of the judges will be the final.
- GCI reserves the rights on all submissions
Download Registration FormRegistration-Form