Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)
Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM) course has been designed to prepare the students to enter the hotel and hospitality industry as middle management level employees and to serve in hotel, travel and tourism sectors. It is a four years full-time semester system course designed to produce a professional human resource for the dynamically growing hotel industry, travel and tourism sector of Nepal. This program explores the wide variety of services provided by today’s hospitality, travel, and tourism industry while developing the business knowledge and skills required for success in the private and public sector of tourism.
Upon completion of the course the students will be able to:
- -gain an understanding of the hotel industry (national and international) and its operation both theoretically and practically;
- -gain an understanding of hospitality, travel, and tourism and its operation both theoretically and practically;
- -gain knowledge about not just the fundamentals of hotel management but also about the more advanced concepts related to the field;
- -gain knowledge about the policies related to the hotel and hospitality industry;
- -handle domestic and international hotel operations;
- -understand cultural tourism in the light of Nepalese society;
- -handle the function of international tourist service operation including handling, managing and planning tours, treks, and rafting program;
- -get employment in national as well as an international market;
- -develop an entrepreneurship skill in the hotel industry;
- -join a higher level course in hotel management.